As the news of President Buhari‘s plan to relocate Aso Villa Chapel continues to spread – with some alleging that the Children’s church has been converted to a store – Nigerians continue to express mix feelings on the subject.
According to Vanguard, the Presidency has come under intense pressure over its plan to relocate the Villa Chapel, which according to findings was deliberately built by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, close to his official residence, so that he could enjoy worship and prayers from the comfort of his bedroom.
No doubt, religious zealots will definitely hack on each other on social media with most those who follow the president’s religion supporting the plan while Christians will be against it but since Former President Obasanjo who is a Christian moved the chapel close to his the villa due to his personal conviction and need (and can we say here that it has benefited Aso Rock Christians and the Former President Jonathan), we can only hope that the new president see the essence as well but we are not in the place to criticize his personal convictions.
Nonetheless, some questions where raised by Vanguard and it is worth considering.
- For the Mosque, which was built by former Military President, Ibrahim Babaginda, why wasn’t it moved by five successive administrations of former Head of States, Sanni Abacha, Abdulsalami Abubakar; former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, Goodluck Jonathan?
- For the Chapel, which was built by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, why wasn’t it moved by his successor, Late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, who himself was of another faith?
Use the comment section to share your views with us
Latest posts by Alex Amos (see all)
- #SelahMusicVid: Chris Shalom | Asante Yesu [@shalom_chris] - July 21, 2019
- #SelahMusicVid: Toluwanimee Presents “Lord Today (LIVE)” | + Audio[@toluwanimee] - July 16, 2019
- Bible News: The Thin Line Between Knowledge, Wisdom & Action - July 12, 2019