– Obasanjo celebrates birthday with reading sessions
– CAN bestows honourary title on the former president
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo is visiting public schools at his Ibogun village, near Ifo, Ogun state and engaging students in reading sessions as part of activities to mark his 80th birthday. .
Obasanjo – accompanied by his wife, Bola and some of his close allies – was received by the school children drawn from Berly Chrysolite School (primary and secondary), Ewupe, Baptist Day school, Ibogun and Baptist Day School, Idi Aga among others.
The former president also shared popular fables with the students including the story of the Tortotise.
Earlier, the chairman of the anniversary planning committee, Prof. Peter Okebukola described Obasanjo as a writer and author with several books to his credit.
Similarly, a thanksgiving was held on Sunday at the Treasure House of God, Agbeloba, Abeokuta, Ogun where the Christian Association of Nigeria conferred on him the ‘Asiwaju Onigbagbo of Ogun State’ (Leader of Believers).
Latest posts by Selah (see all)
- #SelahFresh: Chioma Okereke | Rhythm Of Your Love [@Okereke_chi] - January 16, 2018
- Mama Boko Haram Explains How She Stopped Insurgents From Bombing Church On Christmas Eve - January 16, 2018
- How Conversion Of Muslim Girl To Christianity Became A Crisis In Jos - January 16, 2018