– Sammie Okposo tells Nigerian Gospel artistes to focus on their work
Gospel music icon Sammie Okposo is not a man of many words as far as giving nuggets in social media is concerned but something must have prompted his post today as he condemn the act of criticism amongst fellow labourers in the field of the Gospel music.
Sammie Okposo opines that just because you feel you are expressing your singing gift to the glory of God does not mean the other person you do not agree with his form of expression has defected.
“It has been brought to my notice that some Nigerian Gospel music ministers are running their fellow Gospel music ministers down saying all manner of unchristian-like things about their supposed to be brothers and sisters,
I hear they have even gone as far as elevating themselves to the ones who decide the kind of music that is worthy and acceptable to God. Wow!
1.Who are You? Who made you a judge over anyone?
2. What makes you think you have the capacity to decide what kind of music is pleasing to God?
3. How dare you go about misleading people saying that its only your kind of music that is pleasing and acceptable to God
4. God does not need your approval for HIM, the Almighty, all knowing, all seeing God, to accept a sacrifice of praise, worship, dance, spoken word, etc
5. Who deceived you that its only your expression thats pleasing and acceptable to God?
6. There is a reason why there are not only Nigerians in the world. God created all kinds of people all over the world worshiping him in different languages and expressions
7. If you are blessed and gifted to express your ministry via worship, praise, dance, spoken word, Christian Rap, Gospel Hip Hop, Gospel comedy, Gospel Reggae, Gospel smooth Jazz, Gospel Deejay, etc, please stay in your lane and focus on your ministry.
8. Apart from praise and worship there are numerous forms of expression within the confines of gospel music that people have been blessed with. Don’t go running others down and presenting your expression as the only one thats acceptable to God.
9. Identify your race, choose your pace, run your race in your lane, keep your heart clean and leave others alone. It’s not about you at all at all its all about Jesus
10. King David’s wife tried to obstruct King David’s dance offering to God that she did not understand we all know what happened to her