Daily Post reported that the fire broke out as a result of electrical failure on the top of the three-storey church building.
The incident disrupted the first service of the church as members with ministers, passerby as well as residents of Ejiyere, Dederu and Ojabugbe Street battled to quench the fire before the arrival of the fire service people.
The Church members were all stained, soaked with water and sweat after putting out the fire.
At the time of filing this report, the Coordinating Minister of the Church, Rev. Asuquo Akpan-Ekpo and members of the church were thanking God for saving the situation and stopping the fire from spreading to other buildings nearby.
The Divisional Police Officer”B” Division of the Nigeria Police, CSP George Efeizomor and his men arrived the scene of incident to beef up security in the area.