– “In America we don’t worship government, we worship God” – Donald Trump tweets
– Announces ban on transgender in military
Just hours after the United States of America’s President Donald Trump announced that he was banning transgender people from serving in the U.S. military in any capacity – citing advice from his generals and medical costs – he has tweeted a declarative statement saying America serve God, not Government.
The president tweeted in caps, adding an emoji of a video camera and linking to an Instagram video on the president’s official account.“IN AMERICA WE DON’T WORSHIP GOVERNMENT—WE WORSHIP GOD!”
The video linking the tweet is a clip from the president’s Tuesday night’s rally in Ohio. He said:
“And finally, we believe that family and faith, not government and bureaucracy, are the foundation of our society,” Trump said in the video. “You’ve heard me say it before on the campaign trail, and I’ll say it again tonight – in America we don’t worship government, we worship God.”
The announcement drew cheers from some faith-based groups but also criticism from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle — as well as past defense secretaries.
- #SelahMusicVid: Munachi | My Trumpet (@munachi4u) - May 27, 2020
- #SelahMusicVid: Mercy Chinwo | Omekannaya (LIVE) | @mmercychinwo - May 27, 2020
- Trailer: Mike Abdul Stars In New Film “Mr & Mrs Spaghetti” - May 25, 2020