Home News & Events Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Says Owo Massacre Victims Won’t Be Forgotten...

Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Says Owo Massacre Victims Won’t Be Forgotten One Year After Tragic Event

40
0
Owo Catholic Church Massacre

The governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu has recounted on the tragic event that happened last year in Owo Catholic church, has he said it was devastating.

Akeredolu said the state will always remember the tragedy that befell Owo Kingdom following the massacre on innocent worshippers at St. Francis Catholic Church.

The statement said, “It’s been one year since the massacre that occurred at St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo. 41 persons were killed, while several others were injured. Workers of iniquity invaded our land and terminated the lives of our people. It was a black Sunday.

“One year after, we are still nursing our pain. The scars of the heavy blow dealt to us will always remind us of our losses and the pain we endured. The horrific attack was a dagger drawn into our hearts. It was the most dastardly act that could happen in any society.

SEE ALSO: Legally Married! Yinka Okeleye And Sunmisola Agbebi Wed In Court

“The Church of God was desecrated. A place of worship, considered safe, was turned into a slaughter slab. Our people were mindlessly killed by cowards and mass murderers. It was a tale of pain, sorrow, and fear. We are still grappling with the shock from the attack.”

The governor also sympathized with the victims families. As he offered his condolences to the Catholic Church of Owo and the entire people of Owo.

Akeredolu expressed appreciation to the people of Nigeria and to all countries of the world for standing up for Owo and Ondo State in general during these trying times.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.